18 Ways to Make Your Parents Feel Great
The parents now a days are quite worried about the behavioral changes in
their children due to several socio-economical reasons. The gap between parents
and us, the youth, is increasing day by day due to which the family bonding is
getting weaker and weaker. We, the youth, want liberty in every deed we do. We
want our parents not to be disturb us in what-ever we do in what-so-ever manner.
We have forgotten the amount of time our parents have invested in for our
brought up. We have forgotten the countless efforts and sacrifices by our
parents throughout our lives.
Starting from our birth they have taken care of our food (22 years * 365 days *
3 times = 24000 times!), our clothes (daily washing, ironing, new purchasing),
our education (daily home works, uniform, school/tuition fee), religious moral
teaching every day (THE REAL GREAT JOB), computer toys purchasing and God knows
how many other countless efforts they have put in to make us a complete human
being to survive in this world. Indeed, all those efforts cannot be covered in
this article but the overall emphasis is that its our moral and religious
mandatory responsibility to take care of them now.
Below are some small acts of kindness which I request you to consider to show
your affection with them and to take care of them:
- Give them enough money so that they don't have to ask you.
- Share funny and entertaining things with them to make them laugh or smile.
- Don't speak loudly. Speak slowly, nicely and softly.
- Do not walk in front of them in market or anywhere. They might walk slow being
old; stay behind them. Give them respect.
- Ask for small tasks again and again. For example, "Abou Jee, do you need water?
Should i bring tea for you? Are you hungry, baba" etc
- Closely monitor thier health. visit doctor if required. Have them thorougly
checked time to time.7
- Take care of their medicines. Set reminders on your phone for their medicines
and serve them on time.
- Take them to the mosque. Walk slowly. Follow their pace.
- Take them to the park for walk. If not possible daily, then take them on
- Do not call them by their name. Call them with respect.
- Open the door for them with respect.
- Adapt yourself according to their schedule not vise-versa.
- Do shopping for them (buy their clothes, shoes, small items like tooth paste).
Buy your mother a nice coffee cup. Take them to market and buy them according to
their likings. Buy your parents some nice books; usually people love to read
books in old age.
- When you come back to home, visit them first in their room.
- Respect their social circle and let them enjoy with their friends. Article
written by Junaid.Tahir
- In case of conflict on any issue, try to follow them as much as possible.
Remember, they have been sacrificing their money and time in raising you for
years and years. Its time to pay back. They have been showing all the patience
during your childhood. Its time for you to be patient.
- Keep them with you instead of sending them to old houses etc. This will be a big
act of ignorance if you do.
- When starting the food, serve them first.
In the end, I would recommend making a check list of this email and and paste it
on any wall in your room or kitchen and read it often to remember
Please do share if you are doing any other good thing for making your parents
feel great :)