1. Examine his body language. If he likes you, you may see that he leans towards
you. Notice if he shows off in your presence. For example:
* He may approach you and try to impress you, or get your attention by getting
in your personal space. If he likes you, and you like him, neither of you will
step back. If he ever says, “hey watch this” or something else there’s a big
chance he likes you. A bad habit that people sometimes do is tried to put other
boys down to make them look good.
2. Notice his eye contact. If he likes you, he’ll try to catch your eye and hold
it. This can be uncomfortable if you don’t like him (or vice versa). If you feel
like you have held eye contact just a fraction of a second longer than you would
with anyone else, or if he looks away quickly, then there is something there.
* His pupils may dilate if he likes you, but this is quite hard to pick up on,
and you might come across as acting strangely by looking that closely into his
3. Be aware of touching. He might put his hand on your arm when he laughs, or
not move his legs if it happens to touch yours, or he may hug you for small
things – all are good signs of a guy liking you.
4. Watch for him showing interest in things you like and do. Notice the way he
treats you – does he playfully tease you, or call you names, just to try and get
your attention? It’s natural for a guy to tease when he likes a girl, but
remember, someone can still tease someone, even if they aren’t attracted to
them. But remember, some guys simply will not tease you.
5. Check for signs of nervousness. Nervous laughter, sweaty palms, fidgeting,
looking away quickly when you notice if he is watching you are all good signs of
an attraction towards you and that he is nervous about making an impression on
someone he fancies. Also notice if you call his name, does his head snap around
right away or does it turn gradually?
6. Smile- A big smile in return is a good sign. See if he always ends up in the
same part of the room as you; perhaps he keeps going out of his way to bump into
you and to flash his smile in your direction.
7. Pay attention to his friends. If they know he’s interested in you, they might
tease him subtly when you’re around, hint to you that he likes you, or even try
to find out if you like him. Study their reactions to your presence – do they
smile? Do they turn to him? Do they smirk in a way that suggests they know
something that you don’t? If so, then there’s a good chance that they know that
he really does like you.
8. Have a friend ask him. Try to get someone who is basically unknown to the guy
ask him what he thinks about other girls – the conversation doesn’t necessarily
have to involve you, but you could ask your friend to drop subtle hints, or try
in any way possible to find about anything they can about his feelings towards
9. Be open! Give him room to approach you and talk to you – it can ruin the
situation if he hasn’t got any opportunity to do so, for example if your friends
are giggling in the background, or you are never on your own.
10. Pay attention to how many times he uses your name.
If you talk to him often, watch how many times he uses your first name. People
tend to use your name to get your attention, and it shows that they think about
you! For example, if you say something, and he replies with “haha, nice,
so-and-so” it means he thinks about what he is saying more than if he replies
with “haha, nice.” The second doesn’t mean he doesn’t like you, but using your
name is usually a tell-tale sign.
11. Notice his behavior in conversation. Sometimes when guys ask you questions
and other people distract the conversation or cut him off, he’ll just forget
about it. If you notice that he keeps asking or changing the subject back to the
question until you answer, then he may like you – but if the topic is something
serious, he may just want to know out of curiosity.
12. Notice these tell-tale signs:
* If he wants to talk to you all the time,
* If he starts acting nicer when you’re around him,
* If he says yes to all the things you ask him to do,
* If he treats you differently to other girls,
* If he looks at you a lot every time you smile or laugh.
* If he acts immature around you, like poking, teasing or playful flirting,
* If he seems to always want to hang out with you,
* If he gets closer with a body part, or if he tries to touch you,
* If you catch him peeking at you and he smiles,
* If he tries to make you laugh, or if he tries to copy you,
* If he walks up to you out of the blue and hugs you,
* If he tries to keep you in view for as long as possible, or tends to look
around and stop when he finds you,
* If he subtly looks at you but makes it look like he is looking at the girl
next to him,
* If he goes out of his way to talk to you, for example if he goes to the other
side of the school to talk to you because he knows you have a class there.
* If you block him on instant messenger and stop talking to him, and he finds a
way to talk to you,
* If he invites you to his birthday party or any kind of party,
* If you flirt with a friend of his when he can see, and he looks jealous or
automatically flirts back,
* If he talks to you and wants to know how you’re doing,
* If he is nicer or tries to talk to your friends.
* If he asks about you to your friends when you’re not around
* If he asks you to dance with him at the dance.