Top 10 Affordable Romantic Tips
1. Spend the entire day watching romantic movies.
2. If you'd like to spend a romantic summer night making wishes on falling
stars, mark the second week in August on your calendar. The earth passes through
the Perseid meteor belt around August 12 every year, which usually results in
spectacular meteor showers for two to three nights.
3. Buy a lottery ticket. Give it to your partner with a little note attached: "I
hit the jackpot when I married you!"
4. Pick flowers for your partner from the side of the road.
5. Write a short note to your lover that's spread out over several postcards,
then mail the cards one at a time. You'll build anticipation for the romantic
conclusion on the final postcard. (Maybe deliver that last one in person.)
6. If you're not much of a writer, create an audio love letter. Sit down with a
tape recorder and just talk to her for ten minutes. Then giftwrap it and mail it
7. Don't just go out to a movie on Saturday, like always. Call your partner from
work on Wednesday and formally ask for a date.
8. Call a local radio station and request a special love song to be dedicated to
your partner. Make sure he or she is listening!
9. Make a custom certificate for your lover. (You can get blank certificate
forms at a stationery or paper store.) Here are some suggestions: A certificate
"For Putting Up With Me Over the Years," an award for "The World's Best Wife," a
ribbon "For Hugs & Kisses Above and Beyond the Call of Duty."
10. Mail your partner a Rolodex card with your name and number on it. Write on
it: "Your instant resource for love. Call when lonely."