|Can I Borrow $5? (Story)|
|Last Updated ( Tuesday, 09 February 2010 )|
A woman came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find her
- SON: 'Mummy, may I ask you a question?'
- MUM: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the woman.
- SON: 'Mummy, how much do you make an hour?'
- MUM: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the woman
- SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?'
- SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.
- SON: "Mummy, may I please borrow $5?"
- The mother was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities. '
- The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door..
- The woman sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
- After about an hour or so, the woman had calmed down, and started to think:
- Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $5 and he really didn't ask for money very often.The woman went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.
- 'Are you asleep, son?' She asked.
- 'No Mummy, I'm awake,' replied the boy.
- 'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the woman. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $5 you asked for.'
- The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you Mummy!' he yelled.
Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.
- The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his mother.
- 'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the mother grumbled.
- 'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied.
- 'Mummy, I have $20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow.
I would like to have dinner with you.'
- The mother was crushed. She put her arms around her little son, and she begged
- It's just a short reminder to all
of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers
without having spent some time with those
Please don't break this even if you only send it to one person.
|< Prev||Next >|