Are you very shy when it comes to new surroundings, such as starting a new
class or movingto a new area? Sometimes, it is necessary to overcome your
shyness and speak confidently. By doing this, it can help you not only to share
your ideas properly to others, but also to learn communicating with others. Here
are a few steps to consider when speaking with confidence.
1. Learn how to have conversations with people. Your ideas or opinions may not
always be accepted by others, but this is nothing unusual. Open your mouth,
express your beliefs! This will improve your courage.
2. Donít be afraid and speak loudly. If you speak in a low voice, not only will
others not be able to hear what you say, but you will also portray a submissive
demeanor, which suggests the opposite of aconfident one.
3. Make eye contact when you speak. For one thing, it is polite for others.
Also, eye contact will help others to listen to your thinking carefully.
4. Praise yourself everyday! This will promote your own confidence, which is
important when you speak. With more confidence, people will take your thinking
* Donít be nervous when you make mistakes. Human error is far from being a new
concept -nobody is perfect! It is normal for everyone to make mistakes. Just
calm down and keep speaking bravely.
* Try and try again! This may be difficult for a shy person at first, but you
need to force yourself to speak, and not seclude your thoughts. If you have some
ideas, then try to speak out! Donít just keep them in your head.
* If you have self confidence issues, try to think that you are the only one who
has sound knowledge about the topic. Then go ahead and impart your knowledge to
the audience in an effective way.
* Remember that there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Donít
portray an exaggerated amount of confidence, or you will come off as arrogant,
believing that your ideas are better than the ideas of everyone else.