Every day, humans spend an inordinate amount of time and resources trying to get their hair just right. And while for us, hair is a matter of beauty and vanity, in nature, it serves several crucial functions, from insulation against the cold to defense against challengers and predators. And the fact that some animals have hair that is naturally so much more gorgeous than ours when they aren’t even trying is honestly mildly infuriating.
Here are some of those animals who could easily model for hair products and beauty salons.
1. This glamorous collie
2. Move aside, Fabio, there’s a new king of long hair in town
3. Skunks get a bad rap for their smell, but can we appreciate how pretty they are?
4. This luxurious fellow is a guinea pig, believe it or not
5. Snow leopards may not have the longest hair, but it is SO thick and beautiful
6. The yaks that share the snow leopard’s territory can also have gorgeous hair
7. This handsome boy is a siamang, a lesser ape of the gibbon family
8. Maine coons have earned worldwide fame for their beautiful manes
9. Those tufts are three times bigger than the ears!
10. This alpaca looks like a teenage heartthrob