15. Erect-crested penguin (Eudyptes sclateri)
The Erect-Crusted Penguin is an endangered species of New Zealand penguin that used to inhabit Campbell Island but is currently most commonly found in the Antipodes Islands and the Bounty Islands.
16. Southern rockhopper penguin (Eudyptes chrysocome)
This funky fowl is found on the coasts of the Southern-most parts of South America, and the subantarctic parts of the Pacific Ocean.
17. Eastern rockhopper penguin (Eudyptes chrysocome filholi)
This penguin is considered a subspecies of the Southern Rockhopper Penguin, despite having certain genetic differences. It is found on numerous sub-antarctic islands across the Indo-Pacific Ocean, which include Prince Edward Island, Crozet Island, Kerguelen Island, Heard Island, Macquarie Island, Campbell Island, Auckland, and the Antipodes Islands.
18. Northern Rockhopper Penguin (Eudyptes moseleyi)
This rock-hopping penguin is found solely on two islands in the South Atlantic Ocean, namely Tristan da Cunha island and Gough Island. The population of this species declined by nearly 90% in the last 6 decades, now leaving the species listed as endangered.
19. Royal Penguin (Eudyptes schlegeli)
These penguins are found mostly on Macquarie Island and scattered across the surrounding sub-Antarctic islands, and are classified as near threatened, meaning they are approaching being an endangered species.
20. Macaroni Penguin (Eudyptes chrysolophus)