There were some pretty silly beliefs we harboured while growing up. The funny thing is a lot of us still believe them! Here’s exactly what:
This is perhaps the biggest lie ever told. If anyone has ever cooked Maggi in exactly 2 minutes flat, he deserves to be their brand ambassador.
2. Drinking lots of tea will make you dark.
This one is only a mockery of India’s chai habits and their obsession with the fairer skin tone.
3. All MBAs earn salaries in crores.
Getting an engineering degree and then pursuing an MBA is still considered to be the best thing you can do and guarantee a lifetime of comfortable living. Unfortunately, you only realised the truth once you grew up.
4. Swallowing chewing gum will make your internal organs stick together.
5. Swallowing seeds whole will make plants grow in your stomach.
6. 10th Std and 12th Std are the most important things in life.
And once you grow up, you realise the marksheets are just scraps of paper.
7. Bata is an Indian brand.
In case you still believe it, it isn’t. It’s European.
8. You’ll use Algebra throughout life.
The only math you use today is during the SALE season or while computing your taxes.
9. The monkey-man, ghosts or police will get you if you do anything bad.
And by bad, your parents and relatives meant too much chocolate eating.
10. Everyone who pursues Humanities in their Plus-2 is dumb.
No they aren’t dumb. They’re just wise enough to know what they wanted in life.
11. Kissing makes babies. Or babies are left by fairies.
You pretty much believed this all your childhood.