There is always so much to learn as life goes by. From childhood to adulthood, learning remains an integral part of our lives. However, every stage in life is full of different kinds of learning for which we are not prepared. For instance, how to behave at the workplace. Try these bits of workplace etiquette and change the way you’re perceived at work.
1. Don’t ignore people in the elevator. Make eye contact and at least smile even if you don’t talk on an everyday basis.
2. When you make personal phone calls, keep it down. Better yet, step outside.
3. If you take anything from anyone’s desk while they are not there, make sure you return it or at least leave a note saying that you took it.
4. Knock before entering someone’s office, even if the door is open.
5. If you’re sick, even a little bit– stay home.