If you haven’t woken up to notice already, the Earth isn’t doing too well. Extreme temperatures are being experienced across the planet, and we are directly responsible for it. If we are to save our coming generations from the deadly wrath of nature, we need to start acting, now! Recycling is one such method to give back to nature. Here are 21 facts on recycling with jaw-dropping images of global warming that will definitely make you sit up and take notice.
1. Recycling one ton of paper saves 682.5 gallons of oil, 7,000 gallons of water and 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space.
2. 27,000 trees are felled each day to manufacture toilet paper.
3. 95% of all data in the world is still stored on paper. Most of it is never looked at again.
4. Recycling a single plastic bottle can conserve enough energy to light a 60 W bulb for up to 6 hours.
5. Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles per hour. Each one takes 500 years to decompose. India is substantially higher in population, so you can imagine the waste created here. Scary.
6. Thousands of marine creatures die by mistakenly swallowing plastic bags that resemble jellyfish.
7. Each year, we throw out enough soda cans and bottles to reach the moon and back 20 times.