Back to Top
As we grow up, we give in to the ways of the world which also means that we move away from our true selves. The work, social life and various responsibilities leave us with no time for ourselves. This translates into us focusing less on personal growth and putting ourselves at the end of the list when it comes to priorities. However, this isn’t the healthiest way to live. We need to give ourselves the sort of time and importance we give so easily to others. This will help us to plan our own life in a better way and be in touch with our emotions as well as needs from life.
Here are nine things you can do to fall in love with own company and they are super easy as well:
1. Go out and have a meal with yourself. This will help you carve out some alone time for introspection and get you comfortable in your own skin. Don’t be scared of judgement or loneliness.
2. Make sure you write a little about your day each day. Writing about yourself will help you prioritize and focus on your personal goals instead of giving in to the needs of others.
3. Join classes that will add to your personal growth. It could be dancing or simple yoga but doing this will enable you to do things for yourself.
4. Make sure you find some quiet time for at least fifteen to thirty minutes each day. It doesn’t have to be anything grand. It could be a metro ride or just an evening walk where you encourage yourself to think instead of drowning yourself in conversation or music.
5. Get yourself into a light exercise routine. This doesn’t mean you need to join a gym but just a couple of squats at home could do. This will get you into a routine, keep you physically healthy and motivate you.
6. Make sure you make your bed each single day because it declutters the space around you and with that, you’ll also feel less mentally cluttered which means you can concentrate more on yourself.
7. Find yourself a ‘spot’ just for you! It doesn’t have to be a hidden, shady place but any spot where you can read, write and feel comfortable in your own skin. Remember, no one can know about this secret because it’s the one that you keep with yourself.
8. Make an itinerary, do your research and go discover your city. It will be interesting to unravel the history of the place where you reside and also will get your comfortable with your company.
9. Go treat yourself to a nice foot massage or head massage. This will be a rather relaxing experience and will also instill self-worth.
Spending time with yourself is the most important thing to do!