For some, an aching stomach is a daily routine. It happens when they get up in the morning, it happens when they drink coffee, and it happens almost after every meal. Some suffer from cramping, some bloating and some just jabs of sharp pain.
There is a lot of pain medication out there, but almost all pain killers are also addictive, and may cause harm to your liver.
Instead, why not try these 100% natural remedies to treat an upset, bloated or painful stomach, which have been proven through the centuries and will carry no side effects.
One of the most well known natural pain killers is ginger, and it is good for a variety of physical aches. It is a strong anti-inflammation agent as well as antioxidant properties. When you have stomach cramps or abdominal pain, ginger can definitely help to alleviate it.
– Add a few pieces of mashed ginger to a cup of tea (green tea if you have it) and drink in the morning and again in the evening.
– Fill a teaspoon with fresh ginger juice, add a tablespoon of lime juice and mix in a glass of water. After mixing well, add a tablespoon of honey and drink every day in the morning to decrease stomach aches.
2. Warm saltwater
Warm saltwater is good both for a sore throat and an aching stomach.
– Add one teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm water. Stir it until the salt completely disappears in the water, with none sinking to the bottom.
– Drink this water as quickly as possible for a quick relief of stomach cramps and pain.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has many uses – it is both an antiseptic and a natural cleanser of the body. It aids in the efficient absorption of important nutrients and helps digrestion as well. When it comes to stomach trouble, apple cider vinegar is very good to have.
– Add 2-3 teaspoons of the apple cider vinegar to a glass of water (warm or cold) and mix well. Drink this water before a meal and it will help to prevent the appearance of those stomach aches.
4. Fresh Mint Juice
This will help your digestion and relieve you of stomach cramps.
– Chew 1-2 mint leaves (fresh) 2 or 3 times a day for a couple of days.
– Brew a cup of boiling black tea and add a few sprigs of mint. Drink this concoction 2-3 times a day for real relief.
5. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile calms the nerves and thus helps to also calm the pain signals coming from your stomach.
– Add a bit of lemon juice to the tea and drink daily for relief.
6. Cardamom Seeds
Fill a teaspoon with cardamom seeds and soak it in a glass of water for 10 minutes time.
Add 5-6 pieces of cumin seeds to the water.
Drink this glass 3 times a day before each meal to get really good results.
7. Aloe Vera Juice
Fresh aloe vera juice can work wonders, especially when intestinal problems are concerned.
– Add a tablespoon of aloe vera (fresh) and mix in a cup of warm water. Add lemon juice and stir well. Drink this twice a day for stomach ache relief, better digestion and alleviation of gas and diarrhea.
8. Ajwain Seeds
A teaspoon of ajwain seeds in a cup of water for 5 minutes. Then strain the seeds out and add a pinch of salt. Drink twice a day before meals for efficient relief of stomach problems.
9. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are known in their role of easing bloated stomachs and aiding in pain relief.
Boil one cup of water and add 1 teaspoon of the seeds. Mix this well and straing out the fennel seeds. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to this concoction and drink before each meal. This will help you avoid indigestion, bloating and pain.
10. The Heat Treatment
It is a simple fact that heat helps with stomach pain.
Use a heating pad, or, if none is to be found, a hot water bottle on your stomach where the pain is located. Keep it pressed for a couple of minutes, then remove and repeat for another few minutes time.
Repeat this procedure 4-5 times a day, it will help ease that annoying pain.