11 Benefits Of Swimming That Will Make You Hit The Pool Right Away
Summer is finally here and the scorching heat is already pretty intense. There are certain things that make us feel better when it comes to beating the heat: a cold drink, air conditioners, and SWIMMING POOLS. Aren’t we all already planning to hit a pool soon? Water is hands down the best way to counter the summer heat, and swimming the best exercise.
Here are 11 benefits of swimming that’ll make you want to hit the pool right away.
1. Swimming keeps your heart rate up.
2. Swimming improves muscle definition and strength as we utilise more muscle groups to move through water.
3. Swimming requires you to reach, stretch, twist, and pull your way through the water. So it helps you stay flexible.
4. Swimming can help ease and prevent back pain if you’re looking to manage a flare-up of sciatica (pain in the legs originating from the lower back) or joint pain.
5. Swimming requires a lot of coordination between the legs, arms, head, chest, and eyes so it improves your overall body coordination.
6. Various studies have found that swimming can help reduce asthma attacks. It is also more beneficial than exercises done on land.