Back to Top
11) Prevents Kidney Stones from Forming – Cranberry juice reduces the amount of magnesium, citrate, oxalate and calcium found in urine. The polyphenolic properties help fight off kidney infections, urinary tract infections, and prevent bacteria from attaching to the membranes of the kidneys. Consult with your physician beforehand if you suffer from any renal diseases.
12) Fights Common Infections – Are you suffering from a terrible cold? A glass of nature’s wonder berries can help with that! Cranberry juice helps sooth a sore throat and combats infections. Cranberry juice inhibits the bacterial structures of the Haemophilus influenza, which causes painful ear and respiratory infections in children as well.
13) Prevents Scurvy – Sailors used to carry cranberries aboard their vessels to prevent scurvy at sea. Vitamin C deficiency is the leading cause of scurvy, but you won’t have to worry about that problem with cranberries. The tiny red berries are extremely high in vitamin C, which is used to produce collagen to ensure healthy regulation of tissues in your immune system.
14) A Natural Acne Treatment – Cranberry juice contains an acne-fighting compound called resveratrol, and antiseptic properties that help ensure nice clean skin. As an added bonus, you can even make a mask out of cranberry juice, and here’s how to do it:
1. Mix a little cranberry juice with orange peel powder, and a teaspoon of honey.
2. Mix well until a paste develops.
3. Apply the cranberry juice mask all over your face, and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before washing it off.
15) Softens Up the Skin – Cranberry juice helps promote healthy collagen production thanks to the high levels of vitamin C. Collagen joins together with keratin to strengthen the skin. The function of collegen is to help blood vessels beneath the skin carry oxygen. In turn, the collegen then softens up the skin, giving it that bright radiant glow, and a youthful appearance.