Pomegranate has many health benefits, and it can do wonders for one’s skin too.
From playing the role of powerful antioxidant to a product of anti-ageing, the fruit can help in many ways.
Here’s how you can use the fruit for skin nourishment:
* Powerful antioxidant: Skin nutrition is vital at tackling one of the biggest causes of aging: free radical damage, and pomegranates are rightly known as superfoods for their antioxidant content.
* Cellular regeneration: Not only is pomegranate anti-inflammatory and high in essential fatty acids, it has also been shown to stimulate Keratinocyte skin cells which help with cellular regeneration, making it a fantastic anti-aging ingredient.
* Anti-ageing: The outer layer of the skin, the dermis, is made up of collagen and elastic fibres. Wrinkles arise in the dermis as collagen and elastin degrade and Vitamin C is an integral part of collagen formation enabling proteins to become stronger. Just one pomegranate possesses 48 percent of the daily value of Vitamin C.
* Organic pomegranate juice: Organic pomegranate juice is highly beneficial for skin. Its small molecular structure helps to penetrate more deeply into the skin to deliver hydration rich in micronutrients and phytochemicals.
* The crushed seeds of pomegranate are also perfect for exfoliation.