10 Benefits of Being Organized
1. You will have more time for yourself, your friends and your family.
When you live an organize life, you get things done faster. You spend less time looking for lost things and more time with the people you love. Freeing up your time will also allow you to read that book you’ve been meaning to get to for the past year or taking that tennis class. We never get yesterday back. Make sure you get the most out of each day.
2. You will save money.
You’ll always use up what you have and not buy duplicates because they are lost in the back of a cabinet somewhere. No more last minute purchases, which can add up very quickly, when you are organized.
3. You will achieve balance in your life.
You can spend less time on the little things of life and more time on the big things, like your health and your family. Achieving balance sets the stage for an amazing life.
4. You and your family will be healthier.
You’ll have more time to prepare healthy meals and exercise.
5. Your professional life will improve.
Not only will you make a better impression on your co-workers and boss, but you will feel great about yourself. When you feel like you have it all together at work, your professional life can take off and you can achieve things you have always dreamed of.
6. You will reduce the clutter around you.
Being surrounded by clutter is like dragging heavy chains around with you all day. It slows you down, makes you tired and is just stressful. Getting rid of the clutter will help you to experience a sense of freedom.
7. You will have more energy.
Most organized people are full of energy. Why is that? Because they take better care of themselves inside and out.
8. You won’t mind last minute visitors in your home.
Not everyone likes people popping in on them, but for those of you who do, your friends and family could do so without you breaking into a cold sweat. You can invite them to sit down in a clean living room and even offer them something to eat and drink. Your home will feel inviting and comfortable.
9. You will be able to set and achieve your goals.
People who write down their goals are much more likely to achieve them. Being organized can help you recognize what your goals are and map out a plan to achieve them.
10. You will be an example to those around you.
Your children are watching and learning from you everyday. Showing them how to be organized and get the most out of each day will be a lesson they can take with them for the rest of their lives. If you don’t want your children to be raised in chaos, make it your goal to get life under control. They will someday thank you and appreciate everything you did for them
How to stay organized?
1. Use files or folders to place all your Personal documents. Segregate your documents and place different kind of documents in different files. For example utility bills, educational documents and purchase receipts to be placed in three different files. If you want you can scan (or take a picture from your mobile) and put it in your email for quick reference. Make sure your password is safe! Advantage: Saves time and avoid stress to find the relevant document.
2. Differentiate between urgent and important tasks. Important tasks sooner or later will come out to be either very fruitful (if you have given them proper attention) or would be a complete disaster (if you have avoided them). Advantage: Attending Urgent tasks in timely manner will ensure healthy outcome in terms of family, personal, financial or professional life.
3. You need to closely observe your Time stealers. the routine tasks which takes away a lot of time but do not produce real good results should be optimized. Advantage: You will have more control on your time and arrange it for family & self matters.
4. Place your things at right locations. Allocate proper drawers, boxes, cabinets, Files, balcony for accessories. Advantage: you don’t have to waste your time when you need something.
5. Google Calendar is a great service which sends you email and SMS for any event which you store in your online Calendar. You can set reminders for next car service, tires replacement, remembering birthdays & anniversaries and so on. Advantage: you will save money by avoiding disasters (car malfunctioning etc), you will have healthy family relations (birthdays etc)
6. Make a to-do list. Maintain it on daily/weekly basis. Use ‘post-it’ notes for shopping list. Advantage: Critical tasks will not be missed. Unnecessary market revisits will be avoided.
7. If you are Muslim, your Prayers timings can make you punctual and give you the convenience to organize a lot of events in-between two prayers. You can become a role model for others by being organized this way.
Stay organized for a concrete grip on your life starting today.