Do you know people who are like coconuts? They seem unapproachable and cold when you walk up to them for advice. But once you have had a heart-to-heart conversation with them, you realise what a softie they are! Maybe they are scared to open up to the world, or they just don?t find it interesting enough, but whatever it is these coconuts are truly unique. I can say that with surety because I happen to be a coconut myself!
If you or a friend of yours is a coconut, then you?ll definitely relate to the following 11 struggles.
1. We are not unapproachable and cold with strangers. We just don?t believe in talking with everyone.
Call it being careful, rude, arrogant or someone with a lot of ?attitude,? but this is just they way we are. We don?t want to be available to everyone. We don?t want people to start expecting. We like keeping to ourselves as it helps us keep our life simple.
2. We feel awful when someone is rude to us, but we don’t show it.
It hurts us as much as it would hurt you. But we don?t believe in showing it to everyone because come on, the real world is cruel and people would rather be unkind than kind, so why show them your vulnerable side?
3. We are not unromantic; we just don?t know how to express our intimate feelings.
We are the bookish sort of romantic. But we feel scared to be judged. Once we warm up to someone, you?ll get to meet our honest, non-heartless side. From Ghalib to Nicholas Sparks, we?ll go to any extent to pick out their best verses for you.
4. We are not ?critical? when someone asks for advice. We are blunt because we care.
First, we don?t give advice to everyone. But if you are a close friend, you are going to get the most honest advice from us. We?ll give you feedback on everything from your little black dress to whether there was a need to argue with your dad when you entered home late last night. People who know us from a distance call us harsh and critical, but we don?t care about that.
5. We might appear disinterested in dating, but we want to be loved deep down.
It?s just that we are extra cautious about who we date. First dates really scare us. They make us nervous and restless, and that?s the reason we think it?s rather comfortable to not get involved with anyone. But every night, before we go off to sleep we hope to find the person of our dreams.
6. Don?t think of us as the unsocial colleague. It?s just that bonding with others isn?t one of our biggest strengths.
We try to focus on our work, deadlines and achievements. We are constantly competing with ourselves to become better at what we do and if we socialise we feel guilty. Plus, socialising with colleagues does not seem the best idea because we already spend most of our time with them at office.
7. We are not against making new friends, but we take our own time to reciprocate.
We are slightly stubborn. We take our time to trust people. Until we are sure that we can be friends with someone, we just don?t take steps in the positive direction. Secretly, we are proud of this quality.
8. We are independent, but that doesn?t stop us from asking for help. We ask for it when we really need it.
Although we prefer not to ask for help and figure out things on our own, when we do need help, we step out of our independent/self-sufficient personality and ask for help.
9. We abhor people who only crib, but won?t do shit about sorting their lives.
It?s simple – we don?t give advice to people who we know won?t take it. We don?t have the time to give moral lectures. If you don?t want to change your life for the better, we cannot help you.
10. We ignore everything that doesn?t suit our ears because we don?t want to come across as weak.
The reason we don?t display our emotions publicly is because we?re afraid to be seen as pushovers. We are afraid that others might laugh at us. That?s the reason we prefer to stay shut about random jokes or sarcastic one liners that people throw at us.
11. Beyond what we appear – the indifferent team player, the aloof friend, the stiff partner – lies a sensitive heart that makes a great friend!
We might not be good at making the first move, but once you get to know us, you will get a friend for life!