Knowing your face shape
To Find out your basic Face Shape
* start by pulling your hair back from your face, and with no makeup on, look closely in the mirror.
* The features for each shape to look for are:
* forehead is wider than the chin
* prominent cheekbones
* face gracefully tapers to a narrow oval chin
* face is almost as wide as it is long
* face is widest at the cheeks
* forehead, cheekbones and jawline are all about the same width
* can tend to have a prominent chin
* has an elongated appearance
* forehead, cheekbones and jawline all about the same width
* squared jawline is the most obvious feature
similar to oval but the chin tapers to a point.
* not as common as the other face shapes
* typically the face is highly angular
* the forehead is somewhat short
* the face is widest at the temples
Still not sure? – A simple test
* Measure the length of your face with a ruler. (In this case the total length of the face is 8).
* Divide the total length by 3. (In this case 8 divided by 3 is 2.67 or 2 2/3).
* Measure the length from the bottom of your nose to the bottom of your chin. (in this case 2 1/3),
* If the last number (the 2 1/3 number) is larger than the first number (the 2 2/3) than chances are you have a long face.
* If the last number is less than the first number than chances are you have a round face.
* If the last number is equal to the first number than chances are you have an oval face
So now you know your face shape – but now what?
* The same rules apply to putting on makeup as putting on a dress. The goal (for most) is have an hour glass fiqure.
* The stripes on the left will make someone look wider (if that’s what they need).
* The stripes on the right make a person look thinner (if that’s what they need)