Get Rid Of Dandruff
What is dandruff?
Everyone is experiences the dandruff problem some time in their life. Summer is the season which makes you sweat a lot thus giving you an oily and sticky scalp. On the other hand too much of dryness in the scalp can also lead to dandruff. The skin of the scalp is sensitive. Dandruff is nothing but the excessive shedding of dead cells of the scalp. Human body gets rid of dead cells occasionally. Loosing some amount of dead cells is normal but large amount of flaking could lead to irritation and redness. Dandruff is the accumulation of the dead skin in a large amount.
Causes of Dandruff
There are many causes of dandruff. To begin with an imbalanced diet and constipation can be reasons for a scalp full of white dandruff flakes. Using a shampoo which is not suitable for your hair or excessive use of hair products like gels, mousses and styling sprays can make hair unhealthy. Stress, fatigue, pollution and exposure to cold weather add to the problem even further.
It is a known fact that dandruff causes social problems. One may feel shy to attend a social gathering if dandruff is highly visible or is accumulating on clothes and shoulders. A very dry or a very oily scalp is the main cause of dandruff.
How to cure dandruff?
The market is full of products that can get you rid of dandruff. But if you want to stay away from strong chemical products then there are many natural ways to cure dandruff. These have been developed and have evolved over time. But before you try any method you must ensure that you are following the right diet pattern.
Natural ways to cure dandruff
Dandruff can be easily cured by adopting some natural remedies. Explore your kitchen and you will find many solutions to cure dandruff right there. Following are some simple remedies to get rid of dandruff naturally.
1. Soak a spoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight and then grind it into a fine paste in the morning. Apply it all over the scalp and rinse it off after half an hour
2. Add a teaspoon of lime juice into the mug full of water and rinse you hair with this solution immediately after washing your hair
3. Boil beetroot in water and apply the solution to the scalp with a cotton ball every night before going to bed
4. Massage your hair gently with curd and rinse after half an hour
5. Apply a mix of lime juice and amla juice to the scalp. Keep it overnight and wash next day
6. Rinse your hair with one part Cider vinegar diluted with three parts of water
7. Massage your scalp gently with warm coconut oil twice a week
8. Apply Aloe Vera gel all over the scalp for half an hour before taking a bath
9. Massage the scalp with olive oil and keep it overnight
10. Mix a tablespoon of limejuice and crushed garlic. Apply it all over the scalp and rinse after 10-15 minutes
11. Soak a few neem leaves in hot water, filter, cool and rinse your hair with this water
12. Apply onion juice all over the scalp and wash it off after half an hour with shampoo
Other than these remedies, ingredients such as honey, brandy, rosemary leaves, henna, carrots, salt, tea leaves and egg white are also found beneficial to cure dandruff.
Proper diet to cure dandruff
While you are trying out various natural remedies, follow a diet that keeps your hair healthy. For example, Omega 3 Fatty acids found in fishes is beneficial for hair. It is also necessary to have adequate amount of fibers in your diet.
One should add raw vegetables and fruits to the diet. Drinking plenty of water is also essential to keep skin hydrated. Intake of fibers and water helps dispel toxins from the body. Carrots, broccoli, spinach and tomatoes are rich sources of Vitamin A, including them in your diet helps fight infections. Dark green vegetables, sprouts, nuts, dry fruits and beans are also very beneficial for a healthy scalp and hair.
If you are planning to take vitamin supplements then it is advisable to consult your doctor before doing so.
It is not possible to get rid of dandruff completely. One cannot be sure that it will not reappear once treated. Though dandruff is a common phenomenon it can be a cause of concern if it is in excess. Maintaining a healthy scalp is the only way to keep dandruff away.
Avoid being in the sun without applying a hair serum. Wear scarves or caps before stepping out of the house. Sunrays are harsh on scalp skin and can harm hair structure.
1. Avoid exposing hair to cold weather. It can cause hair problems including dandruff. Make use of head gears in extreme weather conditions.
2. Wash your hair at least twice a week. In humid weather washing your hair thrice a week is advisable. Select a shampoo which is suitable for your hair texture.
3. Condition your hair after every wash. Some may need mild conditioning and some may need deep conditioning, according to their hair texture.
4. Apply a leave-in conditioners for shiny, radiant hair
5. Avoid combing you hair when they are wet. Use a wide toothed comb.
6. Avoid chemical treatments such as colouring, highlighting, straightening or perming if your scalp is prone to dandruff.
7. Practice stress reducing methods such as meditation and yoga. These healing treatments can have positive effects on physical health and your hair condition too.
Dandruff is a tricky hair problem but it is not impossible to get rid of. A few lifestyle modifications, constant hair care, healthy habits and a balanced diet can keep your scalp dandruff-free. So get ready to sport a beautiful mane that you are proud of.