In case you’ve been worrying about spending too much time on social media, this piece of news might depress you a little because Facebook is doing its best to keep you online for as long as they can. We’ve told you about how Facebook Messenger has added some very cool updates, as it prepares itself to become the primary choice of communication for its users.
Here are a few games you could play to waste some more of your precious time online.
Before everything, make sure your FB messenger is updated to the latest version.
– Access the game by typing @fbchess play in the chat window of the person you want to play with.
– A chess board should appear. The person starting the game will automatically be the white player. White always makes the first move.
Now begins the little annoying part.
– Even though your phone is, the game itself isn’t touchscreen. Not yet at least. So every move needs to begin with the prefix "@fbchess" followed by the square you want to move it to.
– For example, if you want your rook to move to square E6, use the command "@fbchess Re6"
– Same for others. King is K, Queen is Q, Bishop is B, Pawn is P, Rook is R and Knight is N.
– Typing "@fbchess resign" forfeits the game.
– Typing "@fbchess stats" gives the statistics of the players playing the game.
– If at any point you need some help with the game, just type "@fbchess help".
That’s it! Agree, it’s not very fluid, but it’s still pretty cool nevertheless. This game will not stop you from having a conversation. You can carry on chatting with your friend as the game goes on.
Have to admit, basketball is a much simpler game to play. Both on Messenger and in real life. You don’t need to be smart for it, even a moron like me can ace it. Here’s how:
– Go on the Facebook messenger app, open the chat window of the person you want to play with.
– Select the Basketball emoji from the emoji section of your smartphone keyboard. Send it.
– Tapping on the emoji you sent launches the game.
– A basketball and a hoop will appear.
– Just flick the ball towards the hoop to play the game. That’s it. No annoying codes to fill in this one.
– Scoring a basket gives you one point. The emojis send you happy smileys as and when you score a point. Lose the game, and you get sad emojis.
It’s damn fun and addictive, but not a very easy game to play. It starts getting tougher as your point tally increases. After you reach a score of 10, the basket starts moving, making it quite difficult to score. Try it only when you have a lot to time to kill because once you’re on it, you’ll find it difficult to stop.
Happy time wasting!