Did you know that in all of history men have only mined two Olympic sized swimming pools worth of gold? Or that frogs use their eyeballs to swallow? If you did?congratulations, you?re pretty smart. If not, read on because these 25 mind boggling facts about our world will probably change the way you see some things.
01. The jaw is the most commonly used joint in the human body.
02. That’s the equivalent of 30 hydrogen bombs.
03. Cows produce nearly 140 liters of dung daily.
04. The average age of a pilliow is 6 years.
05. In one square meter of dirt there can be up to 200 worms.
06. An average adult contains 7 quintillion joules of potential energy.
07. The largest living thing is a fungus in Oregon that covers 10 sq km.
08. Astatine is the rarest element on Earth with less than 1 gram existing in the crust..
09. After those 6 years 10% of the pillow’s weight consists of dead skin, mites, and mite dung.
10. The mouth of a blue whale can hold its own body weight in water.
11. One piece of space junk returns to Earth every day.
12. Your skin renews itself conmpletely every 28 days.
13. The longest animal is a marine worm that can grow to 55 meters.
14. In an average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.
15. The star nosed mole is the fastest eater in the world.
16. Humans have 100,000 hairs on their heads while Otters have 160,000 per sq cm.
17. Dolphins can call each other by name.
18. Due to gravity the theoretical maximum height of a tree is 130 meters.
19. In all of history man has only pulled out two olympic sized swimming pools of gold from the Earth.
20. Starfish are not fish and killer whales are not whales.
21. 99% of the Earth’s gold is in its core.
22. The naked mole rat is immune to cancer and can live with almost no oxygen.
23. In one day 2 cows could fill your bathtub with poop.
24. The technology in one Gameboy exceeds all the computing power used to put man on the moon.
25. Frogs can’t swallow without blinking because their eyeballs help push food into their stomachs.