Marriage is tough on both men and women, and living with another person for years in the same house while facing the challenges of raising children, financing your life, working and dealing with health problems is never easy.
So if you want a rock solid marriage, one that will go the long haul – Read these words of advice carefully, and write them on your heart!
89 Tips for a Divorce-Proof Marriage:
1. Do it by surprise from time to time, leave love notes around the house.
2.Work as a team.
3. Say i love you to one another everyday.
4. Give a hug or kiss everyday
5. Do not withold sex unless its a mutual consent or special circumstances!
6. At least one date night once a week, and go over and beyond to make it special
7. Become each others best friend
8. Let no one get involved with your marital affairs includes parents, in laws and friends!
9. Exercise and work out together
10. Put your children first, then your marriage, then your extended family, then everything else in thats order.
11. Become transparent with one another.
12. Set boundaries for your marriage. It’s important that you both know what you can and cannot do.
13. Lay aside your pride and ego ? the winner of the argument is usually the loser!
14. Make his or her favorite meal.
15. Do things your spouse loves without you basing it on their performance.
16. Don?t go tit for tat. Learn to let go.
17. Don?t let the sun go down while you angry ? another words try to resolve the issue asap
18. Fellowship, and get around other happily married couples
19. Plan and surprise your spouse with a romantic vacations as your budget allows
20. Live a healthy lifestyle
21. Look into his or her eyes, touch their face and give thanks for him or her who puts up with you during the good and bad times
22. Don?t lie to each other. A hard truth is always better then an easy lie
23. Ask your mate if their are any needs going unmet.
24. Spend some type of quality time with your spouse
25. Invest in your marriage ? do a marriage retreat at least 2x a year
26. Read Your Holy book together and discuss God’s plan for marriage.
27. Renew your vows ? remember your promise to your spouse at the alter ? for better or worse in sickness and in health.
28. Be ready to make many sacrifices ? things you may not feel like doing ? but do them anyway
29. Be ready to make many compromises.
30. Listen to your spouse?s guidance.
31. Ask your mate for areas where they can improve in.
32. Hear one another out.
33. Try to resolve problems and issues when your both calm.
34. Instead of trying to be right look for the solution that brings peace.
35. Do not use sarcasm.
36. Tell your spouse you can?t live without them.
37. If you know you did wrong, be ready to make things right.
38. Be ready to apologize and be ready to forgive when the situation arises.
39. Fight for your marriage!
40. Don?t focus on your spouse weakness but focus on their strengths.
41. Keep good company around you and your ,you want people who can encourage and uplift you!
42. Husbands help out around the house ? remember that your wife is a helpmate but that doesnt mean she does everything.
43. Wives encourage your husband give them praise, it strengthens them.
44. Find out your strengths and weaknesses and be ready to help one another with where you are weak.
45. Support one anothers goals and dreams.
46. Always consult one another when making big decisions
47. Give many compliments to one another
48. Understand the grass is not greener , you just have to water your lawn more
49. Don?t compare your marriage with someone else?s ? you dont know whats goign on behind closed doors
50. Watch what you take into your spirit. Today?s reality shows, our society?s view, and what you see on tv are not good examples for marriage.
51. Never embarass your spouse in public ? deal with your issues in private
52. Wives spend time encouraging him and supporting him and their is nothing you won?t happily get.
53. Do not verbally abuse your spouse.
54. Do not physically abuse your spouse.
55. Do not bring up your past arguments, and disagreements.
56. Never bring up or use something in an argument, your spouse told you in confidence about him or her.
57. Let your spouse know you can be trusted.
58. Don?t give your spouse any reason to feel insecure.
59. Read books on becoming a better husband.
60. Read books on becoming a better wife.
61. Learn your spouses love language.
62. Always be in a learning process with getting to know your spouses likes and dislikes.
63. Husbands make love to her mind during the day and the rest will follow
64. Try not to let your children see you in disagreement or arguing.
65. Husbands surprise her with roses and the like, not just for birthdays, holidays and anniversary, but just because
66. Wives, your husbans love surprises also, put on one of his favorite nighties just because.
67. Don?t always try to get your way, but try to find a way that works for both of you
68. Alone time ? yes its needed, but don?t go overboard. Let your mate know your thinking of them
69. Its healthy to have your time with friends, so long as they respect your marriage
70. Never cheat.
71. Never try to justify a wrong.
72. Stay fit and stay looking your best for your husband or wife.
73. Hear your spouse out before jumping to conclusions.
74. Don?t keep your spouse in the dark about things.
75. Never bad mouth your spouse to anyone.
76. Keep your love life between the two of you.
77. Your objective should be to make your spouse a better person as a result of being with you not by control but by love.
78. Open your spouse up to new things that are healthy for him or her.
79. Be open to new things, allow your spouse the chance to treat you like a king or queen
80. Communicate ? he or she cannot read your mind.
81. Say what you mean, mean what you say.
82. Take your time to cool off, but when you start acting like room-mates your marriage is in trouble
83. Love, respect, loyalty and faithfulness should all be a given.
84. Have a vision and purpose for your marriage
85. Keep in mind your spouse is not your enemy but your best friend
86. Don?t look at marriage as an obligation but look at it as chance to love your mate unconditionally.
87. Our character should reflect the fruits of the spirit, love, patience, kindness, long suffering
88. Your objective should not be to change your spouse, but for your spouse to see your change
89. You cant change your spouse, but you can change how you love them and how you react to them