Dirty Appliances? Old furniture not looking as good as they used to? Stains everywhere? Just follow these incredibly helpful tips and save time and money while keeping your home in top shape!
1. You just made a delicious smoothie, YUM! Now you need to clean your blender? Don?t fret ? simply pour in some dish-soap and hot water and blend for a few seconds. Voila! It?s Clean! (If it?s not, just repeat once more).
2. Got an old comfy leather chair that has seen better days?Simply use shoe-polish on it and you?ll be amazed at how the scuffs and scrapes disappear while the leather gets more supple. Remember to use the right color polish, and to give it a good wipe-down when you?re done.
3. Your electric kettle is full of scale? These white deposits are the result of ?hard water? and they cling to the heating body, making it less effective and wasting a lot of electricity. Instead of buying expensive cleaners, simply fill the kettle, pour in about a teaspoon of citric acid (aka ?lemon salt?) and set it to boil. Once it?s done, pour out the water and check the inside to see their condition. Repeat the process once more. This alternative is cheap, non-toxic and very effective!
4. Is your dishwasher collecting scale too? Clear it from any dishes, sprinkle some baking-soda on the bottom and place a cup of vinegar on the top shelf. Now run the dishwasher at maximum heat and let the vinegar and baking soda dissolve the scale, scum and whatever else has attched itself to your dishwasher.
5. The dog just threw up on the rug? Don?t worry about it! Get a cup and make a paste from baking soda and some water, pour all over the vomit-stain and let it sit for the night. In the morning all you need to do is vacuum it.
6. Your mattress has seen better days and has an unpleasant smell? Pour vodka into a spray bottle and spray it lightly. The alcohol will kill all the bacteria and most fungus that are causing the stink. (Just remember to let it dry before you go to bed!)
7. Your bathtub has unsightly scum rings?
Sprinkle the scum with salt, then grab a grapefruit (put some salt on it too) and give it a good scrub. The acids in the grapefruit will dissolve the scum and clean your tub!
8. You need to Sharpen a knife and haven’t got a sharping tool? Do it with a coffee cup:
9. Got a ceiling fan but cleaning the top of the blades is a hassle?Grab a dirty pillow case, and place the blade inside, then rub it clean. The case will catch the dust instead of your eyes, and the pillow case just needs to go back to the laundry!
10. Don?t you just hate it when you break a glass? Cleaning it is worse, and if you?re not careful, you might get cut while picking up the shards. Instead, use a piece of bread ? it will ?catch? the glass and spare your fingers.
11. Someone forgot to use a coaster and now there?s a fresh water-ring on your table? Wipe it dry, then get your hairdryer and use it on the new ring ? this should get rid of any excess moisture in the wood and prevent a ring from forming.
12. Finished cooking on your grill? Wait for it to cool and use half an onion to scrub the it with. This cleans the grill, mildly disinfects it and will leave a pleasant flavor for next time you use it.