New Zealand is known to have one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in the world. The country is divided into a Northern and Southern island. While they are both beautiful, it is the Southern Island that most naturalists come to see.
The South Island is famous for having many different settings – from lush, green hills and fields to rocky and snow covered mountains. From crystal clear pools and quiet rivers, to raging seas and huge beaches. Those who go far will even see actual glaciers, as the Southern Island is quite close to Antarctica.
Enjoy 25 photos that demonstrate the beauty of NZ’s South Isle.
1. Purakaunui Falls.
2. Lake Tekapo.
3. The South Island is famous for having all types of scenery, changing rapidly from mountains to fields.
4. To blue waters…
5. Forest along the Milford Track.
6. The water is so crystal-clear, it doesn’t seem real.
7. Even from a height you can easily see all the way to the bottom.
8. The lovely colors of autumn have come here.
9. Lake Wakatipu (pronounced “phaka-tipu”).
10. A dream-scape if ever I saw one.