25 Incredible Photos of NZ’s Most Beautiful Island
New Zealand is known to have one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in all the world. The two-island country is divided into a North and South islands. While they are both beautiful, it is the South Island that most naturalists come to see, because there is simply so much to see.
The South Island is famous for having many different settings – from lush, green hills and fields to rocky and snow covered mountains. From crystal clear pools and quiet rivers, to raging seas and huge beaches. Those who go far will even see actual glaciers, as the South Island is quite close to Antarctica.
Enjoy 25 photos that demonstrate the beauty of Nz’s South Isle.
2. Lake Tekapo
3. The South Island is famous for having all types of scenery, changing rapidly from mountains to fields.
4. To blue waters…
5. Forest along the Milford Track
6. The water is so crystal-clear, it doesn’t seem real.
7. Even from a height you can easily see all the way to the bottom.
8. The lovely colors of autumn have come here.
9. Lake Wakatipu (pronounced “phaka-tipu”)
10. A dream-scape if ever I saw one.
11. Sunset near Mount Cook National Park
12. The snowy mountains.
13. Franz Josef Glacier
14. The glacier at sunset
15. Church of the Good Shepherd, Tekapo
16. Lake Rotoiti, Nelson Lakes National Park
17. The green hills and the snowy mountains behind them.
19. From a tropical setting to the ice and snow in the distance, what an island.
20. Hiking trail near Akaroa
21. The mysterious Moeraki boulders
22. A perfect reflection of natural beauty.
23. Lake Coleridge
24. Dusk over the fog.
25. Cannibal Bay