10 Ways You Can Stop Burning Money This Diwali!
Diwali conjures up many images. Friends, families, fireworks, diyas, sweets, cards and- ahem- bottles. But there is another inescapable truth that follows every Diwali. A wallet that looks like it?s been hit by a rocket, burning a hole so big that it takes months to recover. However, being the kind souls that we are, we?ve thought of some simple and fun ways to prevent getting financially burnt this Diwali. Here are 10 easy ways you can celebrate Diwali without much wallet damage.
1. Download a cracker sound effect and play it on loop loud! Go easy on the planet and your wallet too. You get the sound effect of a 10000 ki ladi for free.
2. Give the expensive rockets a miss – your house really doesn’t need to look like the Sydney Opera House on New Year!
3. This is the time to explore the creative streak in you! Make DIY gifts and home-made sweets, candles and greeting cards. Stop being lazy and get to work!
4. Play scrabble instead of taash. Your vocabulary has got to be better than your gambling instincts.
5. Want to go on a vacation this Diwali? Opt for a lucrative one. Here?s how – why not go meet your fun relatives? Not only will it be easy on your pocket, but you might also come home loaded with money that elders gift you.
6. Don?t spend on expensive crockery, go traditional. Serve food on banana leaves and water in earthen glasses. And don?t worry, your friends will think you?re chic not cheap.
7. Need new drapes? Save your pennies and use the old brocade sarees or dupattas to decorate your windows.
8. Save on electricity, light candles and simple diyas. From a distance, you cannot really differentiate between candles and fancy diyas!
9. Do away with expensive gift wrapping papers! Wrap your gifts in newspapers. Sounds tacky? Well it won?t if you make it quirkier by adding DIY bows or going all Picasso with paints and brushes.
10. Don?t be a couch potato, step out and go to a store! Just FYI, Reliance Digital has an awesome range of gadgets and electronics, plus assured cashback on all brands. You can buy products just by paying Rs. 101, avail easy EMI options and experience awesome customer service with expert advice. So buy more, pay less and have a great time this Diwali.
With all these cool ideas, you will surely be richer this Diwali! So, when do we get our treat?