Anxiety is tough to live with. You’re in constant fear and worried about most things in life. This keeps you away from enjoying the moment. There are days when you have no control over your mood and even getting out of the bed seems like the biggest task. There are times when you’re shaking and sweating but don’t quite know what’s up with your body. It is a battle on a daily basis but if you’re someone who suffers from anxiety, there are ways of dealing with an anxiety attack.
We asked people about their trick to get over anxiety and it might be extremely helpful to you:
1. “Listening to music when I’m feeling anxious really helps me distract myself and feel calm.”
2. “I meditate every day. It’s usually only for a couple of minutes but during that time, I focus on just one thing. Doing this really helps me get rid of the negative thoughts and become more focussed instead of concentrating on my anxiety.”
3. “Every time I feel like I’m going to get an anxiety attack, I think about all the times I’ve dealt with it before and got out of it.”
4. “My trick is to breathe in and breathe out to the count of three. It immediately calms my mind.”
5. “Whenever I’m feeling anxious, I look around and start recounting to myself the first five things I see, the first five sounds I hear and the first five smells that reach me. This little mental exercise is something I swear by.”
6. “Going for a walk and clearing my mind really helps me when I’m feeling anxious. I guess just gathering all the thoughts and sorting them out while walking has something to do with it.”